Functional Skills are qualifications designed to help both young people and adults develop their essential Maths, English skills in order to apply them in employment and everyday life.
What are English language Functional Skills?
Functional English provides the basis for effective communication and understanding across the four subject skill areas; speaking and listening, reading and writing. The study of English can broaden your skills and confidence, allowing you to develop skills that help you to get on in life and work.
What are Maths Functional Skills?
Functional Skills in Maths is a series of Maths courses and qualifications that offer an alternative to GCSE Maths. There are five levels; Entry level 1, 2 and 3, Level 1 and Level 2. The level 2 Maths qualification is the same as a GCSE Maths pass grade.
Skills Tuition Centre have expert English & Maths Functional Skills Teachers to help support you on your journey, to pass your Functional Skills Exams.
Why choose us
- Caring for each student’s learning is our No. 1 priority.
- We have highly-skilled, multi-qualified tutors.
- You will get comprehensive assessments and mock exams.
- You will get unique, bespoke tutoring programmes with integrated STEM techniques.
- We provide homework to aid studies.
- We never rush; we believe in an in-depth knowledge delivery.
- We believe in filling learning gaps.
- Parents are never asked to mark work in their free time.
- Students get no less than the full 60 minutes.
- We believe in old school back to the whiteboard education with fully taught sessions.
- We provide writing books and more at no extra cost.
- We believe in making every educational contact count.
- We believe in care, compassion, empathy, well-being, and perseverance.
- We believe in a people-focussed persona.
- We believe in a safe and comfortable student journey.
- We believe in a jargon-free learning experience.
- Our sessions can be availed in a group study, 1:1 (personalized private tuition), face-to-face, and online formats
- We believe we exist for our community, improving people’s lives.
We believe that at our core, all of our students will be in line to advancing their socioeconomic status.