Terms and Conditions of service
Skills Tuition Centre is delighted to provide educational support to you or your child subject to you assenting to the following terms and conditions:
Health and Safety
- An enrolment form needs to be completed and returned prior to the commencement of the first session.
- In the event of an emergency, medical services will be contacted. Next of kin will be notified. Students with medical needs are required to bring requisite emergency medical equipment to class, for example, an inhaler, EpiPen, etc.
- Students are required to bring in any aids that they utilise for educational purposes, for example, glasses. Such aids will need to be declared on the enrolment form.
- Covid restrictions, fire safety rules, and health and safety rules all apply. Parents/guardians are to leave after child registration. For pick up, children will be sent outside the building once they recognise their parent/guardian. Parents/guardians will not be allowed into the building. Please do not stop tutors to ask about the child’s progress in these instances.
- Covid-19: (1) If the centre temporarily closes due to government guidelines, substitute lessons will be arranged upon reopening or, where possible, lessons will be carried out using online technologies. (2) If a student needs to self-isolate, they should not attend the centre until the required period has been satisfied. Refunds will not be issued for lessons missed from said self-isolation. We will coordinate substitute classes for students absent from self-isolation for 1:1 tuition. Group sessions are not included in this arrangement, nor are they substituted.
- For cases of extreme weather (severe snow/earthquake/storms/floods/etc.), lessons may be cancelled without replacement lessons or cover work. However, where possible, lessons will be carried out using online technologies.
- No disrespect is allowed towards any Skills Tuition Centre staff or fellow students.
- General classroom rules apply, for example, putting one’s hand up to speak and paying courtesy to others.
- Hoodies over the head and chewing gum is not allowed in class.
- A 5% discount may be applied for each younger child (under 16) of a current student’s immediate family. Note: Sibling discounts are only applicable if one or more siblings are enrolled on a course simultaneously. The discount is terminated when the other sibling(s) have concluded their tuition, and the costs automatically regress to full price. Sibling discounts do not apply to Adult courses.
- A one-off non-refundable registration fee of £10 per student applies to secure your own and/or your child’s position. In the reference box, the student’s full name must be quoted.
- Students with special educational needs (SEN) are required to declare their specific needs during enrolment so that we can arrange support. Apart from SEN 1:1 tuition, to cover additional support in a group session, SEN students will be charged an additional 20% of the normal session fees; for example, Secondary Maths group sessions are £19, but an SEN student will be charged £22.80 for that group session. In case of failure to declare SEN, retrospective charges will apply. If we think a student is SEN, we will apply the specified additional rate of 20% per session.
- Lessons must be paid at least a month in advance at the start of the relevant study month. This ensures students committed to their studies are prioritized as class sizes are restricted. Students cannot attend lessons not paid for prior. We encourage students to pay the complete Course fee in one single payment. We have found students who pay their fee in one single payment, stay committed to the course and are able to fully concentrate on their studies, without monthly/termly fee charges. Students who cannot pay the complete course fee in 1 payment, may choose a monthly or termly payment plan at the time of registration. Any course payments made in full upon enrolment of the course will be discounted. This discount depends on the course length and will be agreed upon prior to course commencement.
- The bank account name is Skills Tuition Centre Limited, Sort code 60-83-71 and the account number is 93859586. In the reference box, the invoice reference must be quoted. Fees not paid on time will result in student removal with a chargeable exit fee.
- The start and finish times of the sessions will be made clear and are to be adhered to. Please note, that parents/carers who are over ten minutes late collecting their child after class time finishes will be charged a supervision fee of £5 per child for the first 15 minutes, then £1 per minute thereafter.
- If a continuous absence occurs, tuition costs will be authorized as expected; only the Thirty Days’ Notice Form (explained in general rules) will terminate tuition and subsequent charges.
- A £5 admin charge applies each week to an account that is in arrears.
- Closing balances must be paid in full, following the notice to withdraw a child from the centre or terminate the tuition program.
- We reserve the right to charge the relevant full exit fee if a student is removed by us due to their poor attendance, disruptiveness, behaviour, and conduct.
- Students/parents will be engaged and eager about learning and development. Students/parents will acknowledge the significance of regular class attendance to improve. This means the family will guarantee their child’s attendance is routine and on time. Adult students are also required to attend on time and in routine.
- Students/parents and educators will work jointly to expand the student’s education regarding homework, timeliness, conduct, and the like. Students/parents will be accountable for guaranteeing their own and/or their child’s homework is completed prior to the advent of the following lesson.
- Students will be required to bring a class bag to carry books, stationary (pens and pencils, etc.), and a water bottle with enough water for the session. Writing books will be provided.
- Each lesson is an hour long unless stated otherwise.
- Sessions are term-time unless otherwise stated. Urdu Group sessions will not take place during the Eid holidays. Regular courses will not take place over half-term. Sessions will not take place on bank holidays falling in term-time. Additional tuition programmes will be available during holiday periods.
- A temporary class merge may occur during staff illness/holiday.
- Progress reports will be provided to parents at the end of each term.
- If a student needs to miss a group lesson, parents/students must contact their group teacher specifying the reason for missing the lesson to obtain work for the missed lesson. No refunds are available for missed group lessons. For 1:1 sessions, contact must be made with the tutor to re-arrange the session.
- Upon course completion, students will be automatically advanced to the following course unless the centre receives notice from the family that they wish tuition be terminated. Therefore, families must understand and agree to be charged the applicable cost of the latest course relevant to the subject.
- Students/Families must offer a thirty-day written notice if they wish to withdraw their child from the centre to terminate the 1:1 tuition programme. Moreover, each 1:1 subject requires a thirty-day cancellation notice. These notices must be provided by filling out the centre’s provided Thirty Days’ Notice Form. This form can be requested via an email request to email@example.com. For group tuition courses, the following applies a) long courses- an exit fee consisting of the reminder of the course fee in full becomes applicable if a student withdraws such as the Urdu language course unless there are any exceptional reasons such as ‘moving out of town’. These exceptional reasons will need to be agreed with senior management and evidence will need to be provided. An exit fee becomes chargeable due to a loss of student place which cannot be replaced with another student should a student wish to leave. b) for all other courses which are short or either 1, 2 or 3 terms long- remaining course fees will be charged if a student chooses to withdraw part way through. For example, the driving theory test preparation course is one term, should a student wish to withdraw on week 8 for instance, they will be charged for the remaining sessions until the course ends, so for the remaining 4 weeks.
- Individual course terms and conditions may also be applicable.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
- Mobile phones need to be set to silent/vibration at all times.