*Please note that you can also apply for additional Makaton training. Regular 8-hour levels cost £79 which is inclusive of the manual and materials.
This program focuses on symbols, signs, and speech in a tactful combination to develop listening, speaking, and interpreting skills. Whether you or your child struggles with speech difficulties or isn’t being understood by the people in their social circle, Makaton offers a viable way to ease the process of social integration. The signs used within this specialized form of language as easy to understand and significantly improve social learning. Every student receives a certificate of completion after each level.
Why Makaton sessions help kids assimilate to their environment
Children suffering from social disabilities often have a hard time making meaningful bonds with tutors, classmates, and even family members. However, Makaton teaches kids how to navigate seemingly complex situations and actively participate in various activities.
Who Makaton sessions are for?
- People with subpar literacy skills
- People who use English as a second language
- Children and adults with speaking disabilities
Level 1 training
Best suited for beginners, our Level 1 training sessions allow students to share interactive experiences with their peers, hone their proficiency in Makaton, and indulge in group practice. Rest assured, even if you’re unsure of what Makaton is, our instructors will catch you up to speed at the skills tuition center. This level focuses on the core vocabulary used within regular conversations daily.
Level 2 Training
We take it one step further and delve deep into the intricacies of advanced vocabulary. This level improves upon basic concepts learned in the previous phase and more.
Level 3 and 4 Training
Levels 3 and 4 solidify your interpretation of Makaton signs and symbols. We deploy a simplified approach to reinforce what you learn and practice in real-life interactions with others.
*Please note that you can also apply for additional Makaton training. Regular 8-hour levels cost £81 which is inclusive of the manual and materials.
Want a private consultation with your or your child’s teacher following each session? Our new, bespoke Supreme Package offers a ten-minute discussion slot with the teacher after each tutoring session. This optional add-on is priced separately.
Why choose us
- Caring for each student’s learning is our No. 1 priority.
- We have highly-skilled, multi-qualified tutors.
- You will get comprehensive assessments and mock exams.
- You will get unique, bespoke tutoring programmes with integrated STEM techniques.
- We provide homework to aid studies.
- We never rush; we believe in an in-depth knowledge delivery.
- We believe in filling learning gaps.
- Parents are never asked to mark work in their free time.
- Students get no less than the full 60 minutes.
- We believe in old school back to the whiteboard education with fully taught sessions.
- We provide writing books and more at no extra cost.
- We believe in making every educational contact count.
- We believe in care, compassion, empathy, well-being, and perseverance.
- We believe in a people-focussed persona.
- We believe in a safe and comfortable student journey.
- We believe in a jargon-free learning experience.
- Our sessions can be availed in a group study, 1:1 (personalized private tuition), face-to-face, and online formats
- We believe we exist for our community, improving people’s lives.
We believe that at our core, all of our students will be in line to advancing their socioeconomic status.